Sharp eyes save house

Firefighters prepare to vent smoke from a Bank Street home saved from serious damage after a clothes dryer caught fire.

A Bank Street family can be thankful an alert passer-by noticed smoke coming from their home and made the 111 call to the Fire Brigade.

Te Awamutu volunteer firefighters were quickly on the scene to extinguish a clothes dryer which had caught fire.

No one was at home at the time, but the quick actions of the passer-by meant firefighters were able to minimise any potential fire damage.

The main issue was smoke in the home, which firefighters quickly dispersed using their petrol powered fan.

- Bay of Plenty Times

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter


© Copyright 2017, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf05 at 24 May 2017 15:10:50 Processing Time: 248ms