Eden Park has been given resource consent to expand the stadium for the 2011 Rugby World Cup.
The resource consent for the redevelopment of Eden Park includes a new three-tier South Stand, three-tier East Stand, an internal concourse around the ground, new toilet, corporate and food outlets and lights incorporated under the South Stand roof.
However, a total of 91 conditions have been set.
* construction management, including restrictions on hours, access, noise and lighting
* requirement for landscaping, including streetscape planting in adjoining roads
* provision of increased access to open space within the site
* restrictions on the number and type of night time sporting events
* shading mitigation measures, including specific mitigation packages for affected properties
* noise restrictions for events and during construction
* requirements for traffic management, including pedestrian access to Kingsland Rail Station
* reducing the height of the South and East Stands by 5.2 and 9.6 metres respectively in accordance with the "full option" plans
- NZHERALD STAFF