The Department of Corrections has applied for a new intensive monitoring regime for sex offender Stewart Murray Wilson.
Wilson's parole conditions expired on March 1, but he then became subject to a 10-year extended supervision order, which had already been applied for and granted, said a Corrections spokesperson.
That order had essentially the same conditions as those imposed on Wilson while he was on parole.
It prohibits Wilson from accessing the internet unless supervised, and from working or travelling outside the Whanganui district without the prior written approval of his probation officer. Wilson is also subject to GPS monitoring.
However, the Department of Corrections has applied for a new extended supervision order "with intensive monitoring".
The spokesperson said that, as the matter was before the court, the department could not comment further.
A hearing regarding the application is scheduled to take place in the High Court at Whanganui on November 21.