Nic Miller says he's been on the dole for 25 months and does nothing for his money.
So he's going to put his hat in the ring to run for the Wanganui District Council because "they do nothing for their money".
The question is - is he a funny man or a downright rude 29-year old who wants to "stir ****", to quote his website?
Mr Miller told the Chronicle yesterday he wanted to be the "new blood on the council and rattle some cages".
He has posted comments about his drunken behaviour on his website which is incendiary and controversial, as well as a photo of himself looking comatose under the influence of too much alcohol.
Mr Miller, a joiner by trade, says he can't get a job, because he's "probably too awesome", but then he is a stay-at-home dad with twins soon to be 5, and a younger child.
He's already got a website and posted a video to YouTube - The Race for Council 2013.
Mr Miller came to public attention last year with the "Oscar fiasco".
He had booked the Wanganui War Memorial Hall for the 11th annual Group Oscars, a get-together of former Wanganui High School friends. However, the district council barred the event going ahead, on advice from the police that it would need a special liquor licence.
Mr Miller said he "did not let sleeping dogs lie" and took the council to court over the incident.
The council settled the dispute out of court, he said. But Mr Miller, not one to be lost for words, came up short yesterday and would not divulge the settlement, or whether a money transaction was involved, because of a confidentiality clause.
Mr Miller is no stranger to controversy.
He was listed as a contributor to a website about the "h" being added to Wanganui, which sparked fanatical postings on a Facebook page, including extreme racist threats and calls for vandalism, according to a story on the Stuff website. Elections for councils around New Zealand will be held on October 12.