The Rotorua Fire Brigade put out a fire in the bedroom of a Kawaha Point house this morning about 8.20am that was caused by an unattended candle.

Senior station officer Cameron McEwen said it was important for people to remember the danger candles can present if not used safely.

He said candles should not be put near anything flammable, they should be secure and should be put out when people were leaving the room.

He also reminded people to check their smoke alarms were working and recommended using smoke alarms with a 10-year battery life.

Advertisement

Related articles:

ROTORUA DAILY POST
10 Feb, 2016 9:40am
3 minutes to read
ROTORUA DAILY POST
10 Feb, 2016 10:30am
2 minutes to read
ROTORUA DAILY POST
10 Feb, 2016 11:30am
2 minutes to read