Sausages spark fire call out

Burnt sausages sparked a fire brigade call-out in Te Puke.

Te Puke fire chief Glenn Williams said the brigade was called to a house that had filled up with smoke on No 2 Rd about 4pm yesterday.

''The smoke ended up being traced back to some sausages in the microwave. I think they'd been put in there to defrost and forgotten about.''

The smoke was thick enough to force the residents to evacuate the house although you could still see through it, he said

- Bay of Plenty Times

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter


© Copyright 2015, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf04 at 26 Nov 2015 23:39:14 Processing Time: 280ms