Pasta with red onions & balsamic vinegar
• 300g dried pasta shapes
• 2 small-medium red onions, thinly sliced
• 2 tbsp each: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, capers, rinsed and drained
• 4 tbsp each: sultanas, pine nuts
• 2 cups baby spinach leaves
1. Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan and saute onions until very soft.
2. Stir in vinegar, capers, sultanas and nuts. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Stir in spinach with a little pasta cooking water. Serve over drained pasta.