Warning: This report contains graphic content.
A couple face trial in Russia after being accused of raping their own 12-year-old daughter.
The child's mother told police: "Better us than some maniac," the Daily Mail reports.
The married couple - both 34 - are accused of paedophilia after turning their child into a "sex slave", law enforcement sources say.
They have been remanded in custody in Volgograd (formerly Stalingrad) and, if convicted, face up to 20 years in jail.
The girl was subjected to horrific and frequent sexual abuse from December 2016 to March 2017, it is alleged.
The unnamed father is accused of raping the girl - often with the mother in the same bed - "every other day."
She is separately accused of sexually "torturing" the child with an "artificial penis".
Ahead of the criminal trial, the parents have been stripped of their parental rights, meaning they will never raise their child.
The girl has been put into care.
The mother told police she was herself raped as a 13-year-old.
She claimed to officers that she and her husband agreed to "train their daughter in advance for adult life'."
The girl's horrific ordeal was spotted after she went to a doctor with "problems concerning her periods". The medics discovered that she was "not a virgin" and the child told investigators about the sexual abuse she suffered, it was reported.
The couple then allegedly confessed to the horrific abuse they inflicted on their child.
They believed "it was better for the child to lose her virginity with her own father" than learn details of sexual life in other ways, reports added.
She was forced to sleep in the same bed as her parents where she was subjected to sexual attacks.
Her mother admitted her daughter was made to take part in "threesomes" with her parents.
The girl's grandmother and great grandmother lived in the same flat but had no idea of the sexual abuse, police explained.
If you're in danger now:
• Phone the police on 111 or ask neighbours of friends to ring for you
• Run outside and head for where there are other people
• Scream for help so that your neighbours can hear you
• If you are being abused, remember it's not your fault. Violence is never okay
Where to go for help:
• Women's Refuge: Free national crisis line operates 24/7 - 0800 REFUGE or 0800 733 843 www.womensrefuge.org.nz
• Shine, free national helpline 9am- 11pm every day - 0508 744 633 www.2shine.org.nz
• It's Not OK: Information line 0800 456 450 www.areyouok.org.nz
• Shakti: Providing specialist cultural services for African, Asian and Middle Eastern women and their children. Crisis line 24/7 0800 742 584
• Ministry of Justice: www.justice.govt.nz/family-justice/domestic-violence
• National Network of Stopping Violence: www.nnsvs.org.nz