Two teenage boys have been extradited to NSW after being charged with murder following a violent rampage and the fatal stabbing of a man at a Queanbeyan service station.

The teens, aged 16 and 15, were arrested just after 6.30am yesterday in the ACT following investigations into the fatal stabbing of 29-year-old service station worker Zeeshan Akbar on Thursday night.

It's alleged they are also behind an attack on a homeless man, an assault at a home unit and the stabbing of another man, whose vehicle was stolen.

Fatal stabbing in Queanbeyan

Queanbeyan: Caltex Australia employee stabbed to death at Bungendore Road petrol station. Police have applied for the extradition of a 15-year-old & 16-year-old from the Australian Capital Territory. Story: Police Statement: Two teenage boys have been arrested after one man died and another remains in hospital after being stabbed in Queanbeyan. About 11.55pm yesterday (Thursday 6 April 2017) emergency services were called to a service station on Bungendore Road after an employee had arrived to work and located a fellow employee injured in the premises. The 29-year-old man, who appeared to have suffered stab wounds, was assisted; however, he died at the scene. Officers from Monaro Local Area Command commenced an investigation. Following inquiries, police will allege about 6.20am this morning, (Friday 7 April 2017), the two teens stabbed a second man on Southwell Place, Queanbeyan, before fleeing the scene in a silver Ford Falcon. The man was treated at the scene, before being taken to hospital with non life threatening injuries. Police located the vehicle a short time later, and after failing to stop, a short pursuit was initiated. Just after 6.30am, the two teenagers were arrested on the Monaro Highway, ACT. They were taken to ACT Watch House, were NSW Police will seek their extradition back to NSW. Download the 7 News app: #Queanbeyan #7News

Posted by 7 News Sydney on Thursday, 6 April 2017

Joint Counter Terrorism Task Force officers charged the youths with a string of offences including murder, robbery, wounding with intent and aggravated take and drive with conveyance on Saturday.


The 16-year-old was also charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

They were arrested after the second stabbing in a Queanbeyan street yesterday morning, following a police chase that ended in the ACT.

The second stabbing victim was taken to Canberra hospital with non life- threatening injuries.

The teenagers both faced a children's court in the ACT today, where JCTT and homicide squad officers successfully sought the pair's extradition to NSW.

The JCTT comprises officers from the NSW Police Force, Australian Federal Police, ASIO and the NSW Crime Commission.