The Warriors are yet to complete their roster for next season – but are in no rush to fill the final few spots.
The Auckland club have cash in hand, especially with the money freed up by the departure of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, who was their highest-paid player, on more than a million dollars a season.
But they will take a wait and see approach, as the transfer market appears more fluid than ever.
"We have still got two spots available and that process is ongoing, in terms of what positions and who will fill those spots," Warriors' recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan told the Herald.
"Like Addin [Fonua-Blake] last year, generally a player becomes available in the off-season so it is always advantageous to have a couple of spots up their sleeve. You never know who comes up and if you have the money available you can use it to your advantage."
O'Sullivan and coach Nathan Brown have overseen a period of significant personnel change at the Warriors in the last 12 months.
Ten players moved on at the end of last season, the most in almost a decade, with six arriving, and there has been more turnover this year.
Ken Maumalo, Hayze Perham, Paul Turner, Tuivasa-Sheck and Leeson Ah Mau have departed, with Peta Hiku to join Cowboys at the end of this season.
Reece Walsh, Matt Lodge, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Chad Townsend (loan) have entered the fray during this campaign, while Storm front rower Aaron Pene and halfback Shaun Johnson will arrive for 2022.
Sean O'Sullivan, Jackson Frei and Tom Ale are notable uncontracted players.
O'Sullivan has proved a capable back-up halfback. He has played 10 games this season, featuring in five of the Warriors' eight victories. But the arrival of Johnson and the presence of Chanel Harris-Tavita and Kodi Nikorima will likely squeeze out the 24-year-old, with Cronulla a possible destination.
Ale (22) has made two interchange appearances, while Frei (23) enjoyed a solid NRL debut against the Bulldogs last Sunday.
O'Sullivan also confirmed the Warriors are set to make a major play for Roosters centre Joseph Manu.
The 25-year-old is contracted until the end of the next season but will be free to test the market from November 1, unless he agrees an extension at the Bondi club, which appears unlikely.
"He's a target, he's a quality player, he fits the bill for sure," said O'Sullivan. "He's a big body, good defender and he goes after games. He's an ideal player for us if we get a shot at him in November."
Manu, who already has two grand final rings, will be sought after on the open market, with even All Blacks coach Ian Foster recently admitting interest. O'Sullivan sees him as someone to build a backline around, with his ability to play centre, five eighth and fullback.
"When the game is on the line, he attacks games," added O'Sullivan. "He plays big moments and makes things happen. If he wants to go home, we would love to have him."