A tackle by a security guard on a streaker will be reviewed by Dunedin's Forsyth Barr Stadium authorities today.

The tackle, in the 62nd minute of the All Blacks v England test on Saturday, will form part of a post-match review of the game, Dunedin Venues Management marketing and communications manager Kim Barnes said yesterday.

"A post-match review meeting will be taking place tomorrow morning with all relevant parties and this incident will be part of that review. Comment will be made after this meeting," she said.
View: Rugby: Streaker slammed by security

Videos of the security guard - New Zealand U20 rugby team trialist and 2013 Crusader development team member Brad Hemopo - tackling a 28-year-old streaker attracted more than 200,000 views on YouTube yesterday and comments were divided on the incident. One person described the tackle as "cowardly" and another said it was a "cheap shot".


Others defended the security guard and said the streaker would not have been tackled if he had not invaded the pitch.

Mr Hemopo brought down the streaker, who was standing next to English player Luther Burrell well away from play, from behind and three security guards took him off the field.

When contacted, Mr Hemopo, 19, said he could not comment.

Sergeant Reece Munro, of Dunedin, said police took a 28-year-old male from Christchurch into custody after the incident.

The streaker, who had a "cold night in the cells wrapped in blankets", was released about 4.30am yesterday with his "watch and covered in paper overalls", Mr Munro said.

The man was "moderately intoxicated" when he arrived at Dunedin Central Police Station about 9pm on Saturday and was charged with offensive behaviour.

He had been summonsed to appear in Dunedin District Court on Wednesday. The charge was a fines-only offence with a maximum penalty of $1000.

Southern District Command Centre deployment co-ordinator Senior Sergeant Dave Scott said he did not believe police had received a complaint about Mr Hemopo's tackle and streakers were "treated reasonably seriously" by police.

"It's seen as a bit of a giggle and a laugh, but there is a serious side to it," he said.

"There's potential for them [pitch invasions] to be untidy."

Questions to the venue's management on the qualifications and conduct of Mr Hemopo went unanswered yesterday.

Senior England Teams media manager Dave Barton said the team had no concerns for the safety of its players because they were confident security "would do their job".

"It's one of those things that happen in matches."