' />

Tracey Nelson crunches the numbers from the All Blacks' 33-10 win over Wales.

Although the All Blacks are yet to be out-scored in the second half of any game this season, it was the second time their opposition have scored the same number of points in the final 40 minutes (nine points all v Australia in Sydney). It was, however, the first time this season the All Blacks have failed to score any points in the last quarter of a game.

The penalty count against the All Blacks mounted in the second half - having conceded just three in the first 40 minutes. They went on to be penalised a further nine times including their second yellow card of the tour going to Cory Jane for a deliberate knock-down of the ball.

The majority of the game's 22 penalties came at the breakdown with the All Blacks conceding all but two of their 12 penalties there, while Wales conceded seven of their 10 penalties in the tackle zone.


Handling errors were high for both teams, with the All Blacks making 10 and Wales 11. Wales also had the misfortune to turn ball over while attacking in the All Blacks' 22 on no less than six occasions, with the additional error of two penalty kicks for the sideline ending up going into touch in-goal.

The All Blacks made 138 tackles and 31 assists, with 98 of those tackles having to be made in the second half. Top tackler was Richie McCaw with 21 tackles, two assists and one miss. Sam Whitelock was the second highest tackler with 12 tackles, three assists and one miss, while Ma'a Nonu was the best of the backs making 11 tackles, five assists and one miss.

Overall the All Blacks missed a total of 16 tackles, 12 of those coming in the second half. Wales made 82 tackles and missed 22, with five of those misses occurring in the space of 10 seconds in the lead up to the All Blacks' first try.

Julian Savea's 10 runs with the ball netted him the most gain of any All Black, with a total of 120 metres - and it was his linebreak from Israel Dagg's initial break out of the All Blacks' 22 that culminated in a try to Liam Messam that probably deserves to have made the International Rugby Players' Association Try of the Year award. The ball travelled 73 metres and passed through the hands of no less than nine All Blacks before the final pass went to Messam to score in the corner, all in the space of just 29 seconds.

Luke Romano scored his first test try in four of his lineout throws, and being in the first three to the breakdown on 14 occasions.

Tony Woodcock scored his ninth test try from what is now his trade-mark move from a five metre attacking lineout. He received the ball from Sam Whitelock, who took four lineout takes in this game.

Kieran Read had an uncharacteristically quiet game - while he made nine tackles and four assists, he also missed six tackles and was not used at all in the lineouts. Read made seven ball carries for a gain of just 20 metres, which is less than his season average of five metres per carry.

Aaron Cruden was 100 percent with the boot, his 18 point tally taking him to 35 points and making him the highest points scorer so far on this northern tour. Dan Carter has 27 points from the boot, while Julian Savea has 20 points from his four tries.