Changes to speed limits on Hamurana Rd were approved at a full Rotorua Lakes Council meeting yesterday.
Six changes were approved with one stretch of Hamurana Rd to keep its current speed limit.
In June, 24 changed speed limits were adopted around the district. However, the proposed Hamurana limits were sent back to the Strategy, Policy and Finance Committee for reconsideration.
The approved speed limit changes on Hamurana Rd are:
• State Highway 36 - Fryer Rd: - Current speed - 80km/h - New limit - 80km/h
• Fryer Rd - Kaska Rd: 70km/h - 60km/h
• Kaska Rd - Te Waerenga Rd: 80km/h - 60km/h
• Te Waerenga Rd - Wilson's Bay: 100km/h - 80km/h
• Wilson's Bay section: 70km/h - 60km/h
• Wilson's Bay - Marama Pt: 100km/h - 80km/h
• Marama Pt - State Highway 33: 70km/h 60km/h