Nominations are now open for the 2018 Rotorua Hospitality Awards.
This year's awards, the seventh celebration of local hospitality, have been recreated with a fresh new identity.
Presented by the Restaurant Association of New Zealand, the new design has come from the need to create a more streamlined and consistent awards platform throughout New Zealand, with the Rotorua Hospitality Awards representing the highly coveted biannual celebration for its region.
Restaurant Association of New Zealand chief executive Marisa Bidois said their goal was to bring the hospitality community together and connect them with the larger community.
Winners will receive a coveted "Chevron" trophy, symbolising a stripe indicating rank or length of service. The "Chevron" represents the industry's mark for distinction and provides a recognised symbol for excellence for consumers and visitors alike.
The Restaurant Association has partnered with Eat New Zealand, a collective of New Zealand's chefs, producers, media, tourism and event operators, who are all dedicated to promoting New Zealand's best food, beverage, and culinary destinations to the world.
"Winners will be listed on the Eat New Zealand website, a beneficial development for the region as Rotorua continues to be recognised globally for its distinction in tourism and hospitality," Bidois said.
Nominations are now open to the industry until Sunday May 27.
Final voting will begin on Tuesday May 29 and winners will be revealed at the awards evening on Sunday July 1 at the Energy Events Centre.
The general public are also able to vote for their favourite establishment in the Rotorua Lakes Council People's Choice Award category from May 29.
Tickets to the event are on sale now, to purchase or, for more information regarding the awards, please visit www.hospitalityawards.co.nz.
Stay connected with key updates and announcements on the Facebook page Rotorua Hospitality Awards and Instagram @rotoruaawards.
2018 Rotorua Hospitality Awards Categories:
• More FM Rotorua Outstanding Barista
• Bidfood Rotorua Cafe
• Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Bartender
• Federal Merchants & Co Bar
• Menumate Point of Sale Outstanding Front of House Team
• Service IQ Emerging Talent – Chef
• Inghams Outstanding Chef of the Year
• Indian Star Emerging Talent – Business
• OneMusic Outstanding Ambience & Design
• Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Ethnic Restaurant
• Eftpos NZ Outstanding Restaurant
• GrabOne Outstanding Takeout
• Skyline Rotorua Outstanding Sales Rep
• Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Supplier
• Events & Venues Excellence in Event Hospitality
• Tohu Wines Hospo Hero
• Rotorua Lakes Council Peoples Choice