1. Add a tick to that bucket list and warm up on the world's whitest sand on Whitehaven Beach, listed as the No. 1 Beach in Australia and the South Pacific, and No. 12 Beach in the World in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Beaches Awards (2016).
2. Feel the solitude of the reef and camp out under the stars on a Reef Sleep with Cruise Whitsundays.
3. Set sail for the 74 islands of the Whitsundays on a bareboat charter.
4. Visit the 'wild side' of the Whitsunday Islands on the exhilarating Ocean Rafting. The vessels were originally designed and built as rescue crafts and are driven by 450hp engines.
5. Hire a buggy and circumnavigate Hamilton Island and soak in the divine island views.
6. Take a natural shower at Cedar Creek Falls, located 20 kilometres from Proserpine on Saltwater Creek Road.
7. Take a 60-minute Heart to Heart and chopper over Heart Reef, perfectly shaped and surrounded by turquoise waters.
8. Hike to the lookout at Hill Inlet for stunning views over Whitehaven Beach.
9. Chopper in to Australia's only island championship golf course located on Dent Island.
10. Walk, run or ride the 3.7km Bicentennial Walkway from the Airlie Beach Lagoon, past the Botanic Gardens to Cannonvale Beach