A 30-year-old medical professional has appeared in court charged with the murder of Dunedin teenager Amber-Rose Rush - and is also accused of threatening to kill four other people.
Rush, 16, was found dead at her Corstorphine home on Saturday February 3.
The other four people were allegedly threatened with death on Saturday February 3 in Balclutha, charge documents presented in the Dunedin High Court this morning said.
Justice Gerald Nathan granted the defendant continued name suppression, on the basis there had not been time to consider the new charges.
However, the defendant indicated he would plead not guilty to the murder charge at his next appearance.
Rush's family were in court, seated directly behind the alleged offender.
Police say the accused was known to the victim and police were not seeking anyone else in connection with the death.
Last week police searched a Dunedin quarry as part of their investigation.
Police were photographed prodding the ground in the pond at Blackhead Quarry with sticks.
The quarry is 4km from Amber-Rose's Clermiston Ave home.
Detectives previously asked anyone who may have been in the quarry or beach area between 11.30pm on Friday, February 2 and 12.30am on Saturday, February 3, to get in touch with them.
"In particular, police would like to speak to the occupants of a black Toyota Camry that was in the carpark near the pond around this time, and may have witnessed something," Detective Senior Sergeant Rob Hanna said.
The defendant was remanded in custody and will reappear in the High Court on March 6.