A man facing two charges of sexual offending against women in Hawke's Bay has been granted bail in Rotorua.
The man, who cannot yet be named, appeared in the Rotorua District Court today charged with sexual violation relating to an incident on November 5 in Havelock North.
He had previously appeared in the Napier District Court charged with indecent assault of a woman in Napier, also on November 5, and was granted interim name suppression.
He was bailed to Rotorua but was arrested on Friday in relation to the second offence and appeared in the Rotorua District Court on Saturday. Interim name suppression was granted until today.
His lawyer, Harry Edward, said the two charges would come together in the Napier District Court on December 6 and he asked that interim name suppression continue until then.
Judge Greg Hollister-Jones declined the request but Edward indicated he would appeal the decision to the High Court.
Judge Hollister-Jones said Edward had until 5pm tomorrow to lodge an appeal.
The judge granted bail on the condition the man remained at the Rotorua bail address 24 hours a day. He must travel with one or both of his parents to Napier for court via the most direct route on December 6.