Police are appealing for help from the public to find missing woman Elizabeth Udy, known as Lizzie.
The 45-year-old was first reported missing on October 11 after she was seen around 3am in the Pahiatua township, near Palmerston North.
Udy is Caucasian, of slim build, and about 155cm tall. She was wearing a nightgown when she was last seen.
In a statement police said they believe Udy may have made her way to the Mangatainoka River by the Pahiatua Town Bridge.
"It is possible Lizzie may have entered the river on the boundaries of Pahiatua," the statement said.
"Despite a week of land and water searches, police have been unable to locate any sign of Lizzie or information concerning Lizzie's current whereabouts.
"Lizzie has not made contact with any of her friends or family and her bank and phone accounts remain unused."
Police said they do not believe Udy has access to a vehicle. If she has left Pahiatua she would have done so on foot, or would have been picked up by a car if she has travelled any great distance.
Anyone who has seen Udy, or have information which might help find her, is asked to contact their nearest police station.
Police are also requesting that Pahiatua residents check their properties and surrounding areas, and remain alert to the fact Udy is missing from the area.
Where to get help:
• Lifeline: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
• Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
• Youthline: 0800 376 633
• Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
• Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
• Depression helpline: 0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
• Rainbow Youth: (09) 376 4155
• Samaritans 0800 726 666
• If it is an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111.