Christchurch police are on the hunt for two men who robbed a Merivale TAB.
Police said at about 6.50pm on Sunday, two men entered the Merivale TAB on St Albans St through the back entrance from the carpark.
The men demanded cash with one aiming a pistol at a staff member.
There was also one customer present.
The pair left after taking a a small amount of cash from the till.
When the Herald contacted the Merivale TAB, an employee refused to comment.
Police said both men had their faces covered during the robbery.
The man armed with a pistol was described as:
• Likely to be Maori or Polynesian
• About 180cm tall
• Solid build but athletic and probably aged in his 20s
• He wore a light grey sweatshirt with blue sleeves
• One eye that was seen was described as a greyish-green
• Carried a black pistol length firearm
The second man was described as:
• Also a man likely to be Maori or Polynesian
• Aged in his 20s
• Solid build
• Approximately 170cm tall
• Wearing a black hoodie with a white motif and light-coloured pants.
Anyone with any information should contact their local police, or Detective Sergeant Chris Power on 03 363 4888 or anonymously via Crime-Stoppers on 0800 555 111