The mother of murdered toddler Nia Glassie has been granted parole, with the Parole Board today saying Lisa Kuka no longer posed a undue risk to the safety of the community.

Justice Potter sums up case against the accused (edited) in the Nia Glassie murder trial before sending the jury out to decide.

Kuka, 41, was sentenced to nine years in prison in 2009 for manslaughter for failing to protect and provide the necessaries of life for her 3-year-old daughter.

She was granted parole in February this year but that was revoked when problems with her accommodation emerged.

Kuka started her nine-year sentence for the manslaughter of her daughter on February 4, 2009.

Murder convictions handed down following a month-long trial over the violent death of Rotorua toddler Nia Glassie, the guilty verdicts were handed down to brothers Wiremu Curtis, 19, and Michael Curtis, 22, as well as the guilty verdict for the charge of manslaughter against Nia's mother, Lisa Kuka, 35.

Her then partner, Wiremu Curtis, and his brother Michael were sentenced to life imprisonment for the little girl's murder.

The Rotorua toddler died on August 3, 2007, from head injuries after being repeatedly kicked.

She had been subjected to ongoing abuse, usually when her mother was out at work, including being put in a clothes dryer, hung on a clothesline and spun around, used in wrestling moves, having objects thrown at her and being subjected to cold baths.

Kuka did not take Nia to hospital, and was found guilty of manslaughter on the basis she failed in her duties as a parent protect her and provide care.

The Parole Board said in its decision it was satisfied on all of the information before it that Kuka had now reached the stage where risk was no longer undue.

She will be released on parole on September 22.

She would be subject to some special conditions.

The board said it was evident Kuka would be well supported, but felt she needed time to refocus and rework her release proposals.

Upon her release, Kuka would begin work, first on a voluntary basis, the board said.

The board said it hoped this would help prepare her for a return to the paid workforce.

It also hoped hoped to re-engage Kuka with her whanau once she was well settled into the community.

In April the board noted some behavioural issues which appeared to be a reaction to Kuka's February parole being revoked but she retained her Release to Work. At that hearing it was evident Kuka would be very well supported but the board felt she needed to take time to refocus and rework her release proposals.

"She appears to have done that. We have had a good discussion with three (withheld) representatives. The accommodation appears highly suitable and supported," the board said.

"We have noted and discussed with Ms Kuka the situation with Release to Work. Employment with the Release to Work employer will not be available upon release but we are satisfied that (withheld) will find plenty to occupy Ms Kuka in a constructive way."

Among Kuka's special conditions are that she tell Probation before entering an intimate relationship and that she not reside with or have stay with her overnight any child under the age of 16 without the consent of her probation officer.

She has also been banned from initiating any contact with the media including via Twitter, Facebook and blogs and has been told she must say "no comment" to any request for an interview or information.

As part of her special conditions, Kuka will be required to attend a hearing in February next year so her release conditions can be monitored.