A man has handed himself in to police in relation to the alleged indecent assault of a 13-year-old girl in a west Auckland cinema last week.
Police said the 46-year-old Flat Bush man handed himself in on Friday night as a result of publicity around the incident.
He will appear in Waitakere District Court tomorrow charged with indecent assault, obtaining by deception and being unlawfully on a property.
Detective Sergeant Steve Salton said police wished to thank media who broadcast details of the incident.
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
"I'd also like to pass on our appreciation to the members of the public who called us with information."