This is the shocking moment a man accidentally sets fire to his mum's garden while trying to cook sausages.

Debbie Packer was excited when her son Aaron visited her home in Brisbane, Australia, and offered to start a BBQ for the family.

Trying to get the flames started, Aaron decides to pour some extra fuel straight out of a red container directly above.

Unsurprisingly, the flames erupt causing the fire to shoot up and catch the plastic container lighting it up on November 4.

Panicking, Aaron tries to move the fuel away from the fire quickly, only to throw the container and flames all over the lawn setting the grass and nearby plants on fire.

This is the shocking moment a man accidentally sets fire to his mum's garden while trying to cook sausages. Photo / Caters
This is the shocking moment a man accidentally sets fire to his mum's garden while trying to cook sausages. Photo / Caters

The video has spread almost as fast as the flames having been viewed 741,000 times on social media.

Debbie said: "I'm stunned with how many views this has had."

Fortunately, nobody was hurt, and the family were eventually able to enjoy their meal together.

- With Caters