Many men normally just grow a moustache for Movember, but this Kiwi bloke has taken it a step further and is auctioning off his bum — and the winner gets to tattoo whatever they like on it.
Hamilton man, Kurt Ronald, has set up a TradeMe auction to raise money for The Movember Foundation which helps raise awareness and money for men's mental health, suicide prevention as well as prostate and testicular cancer.
This is no normal auction though, as Ronald has decided to sell a piece of his bottom.
"Along with growing a dirty mo this month I'm offering up a butt cheek for the lucky winner of this auction to get tattooed whatever they want on it," Ronald wrote on the TradeMe auction.
"The winner would need to cover the cost of the tattoo [I will contribute $100 towards it too and cover all TradeMe fees] and all of money from the auction will go straight to The Movember Foundation!"
Ronald also listed some specifications for the tattoo to prevent it from being too wild including:
• 10cm x 10cm section
• On his left buttcheek (right already has a pineapple on it)
• Whatever the winner wants (within reason, no racist or gang related etc.)
• Winner can choose artist or he can
• Must be a professional tattoo artist, no home jobs
So far there have been three bids on the auction that closes next Wednesday, November 14, taking the auction up to $120.
"Every hour, 60 men around the world die by suicide. Unlike your mo/beard/hair, their lives cannot regrow over time. This rate of suicide is alarmingly high, too many men are 'toughing it out', keeping their feelings to themselves and struggling in silence," he wrote.
"The Movember Foundation is aiming to reduce the rate of male suicide by 25% by 2030, and I want to help them get there. Help me stop men dying too young."
His team, "Tickle My Whisker", has raised $395 so far.
WHERE TO GET HELP:
If you are worried about your or someone else's mental health, the best place to get help is your GP or local mental health provider. However, if you or someone else is in danger or endangering others, call police immediately on 111.
OR IF YOU NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE ELSE:
• LIFELINE: 0800 543 354 or 09 5222 999 within Auckland (available 24/7)
• SUICIDE CRISIS HELPLINE: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
• YOUTHLINE: 0800 376 633 ,free text 234 or email email@example.com online chat.
• NEED TO TALK? Free call or text 1737 (available 24/7)
• KIDSLINE: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
• WHATSUP: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
• DEPRESSION HELPLINE: 0800 111 757
• SAMARITANS – 0800 726 666.