Auckland's hospitality industry has named its best and brightest for 2016 at a glittering Las Vegas-themed Lewisham Awards.
Al Brown's Depot won the award for Outstanding Establishment at the annual award ceremony, held last night at The Langham Hotel.
The award marked a double for Depot, which picked up Best Inner City Bistro at the Metro Peugeot Restaurant of the Year Awards.
Ben Bayly of The Grove won the Outstanding Chef award and Sid Sahrawat of Sidart won Outstanding Restaurateur.
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
The Lucky Taco was the first winner of the Outstanding Street Food award, a new category.
Meanwhile, Saan in Ponsonby won Outstanding New Venue after winning Best New Restaurant at the Metro Awards.
The Lewisham Awards were named in honour of Auckland hospitality entrepreneur Richard Lewisham.
2016 Lewisham Awards Winners
• Fine Food NZ Outstanding Caterer - Mint Kitchen Catering
• Menumate Outstanding New Venue - Saan
• ResDiary Outstanding Local - Conch Bar & Kitchen
• Angostura Outstanding Bartender - Joey Lai (saan)
• Bidvest Outstanding Street Food - The Lucky Taco
• Spark Business Outstanding Supplier - Red & White Cellar
• Aotearoa Fisheries Emerging Talent - Shaaz Croft (The Blue Breeze Inn)
• EuroVintage Outstanding Wine List - Apero Food & Wine
• L'affare Outstanding Coffee Establishment/Barista - Kokako Café
• Beam Suntory Outstanding Bar - Xuxu Dumpling Bar
• OneMusic Outstanding Establishment - Depot
• Negociants Outstanding Wine Service Professional - Andy Gladding (The French Café)
• Crombie Lockwood Outstanding Waiter - Vicky Pethybridge (Prego)
• Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Sales Rep - Ben Longhurst (EuroVintage)
• General Digital Outstanding Maitre d - Ismo Koski (Apero Food & Wine)
• Gilmours Outstanding Chef - Ben Bayly (The Grove Restaurant)
• Pernod Ricard Outstanding Restaurateur - Sid Sahrawat (Sidart)
• Moet Hennessy Outstanding Hospitality Personality - Damaris Coulter (Coco's Cantina)