Naturally vegetarian and gluten-free, these summer rolls with hoisin tofu are delicious and stylish.
|1 packet||Hoisin & Sesame Marinated Tofu, sliced (Main)|
|50 g||Vermicelli (Main)|
|1 cup||Fresh coriander|
|4||Baby carrots, julienned (Main)|
|2||Spring onions, thinly sliced|
|8||Rice paper rounds (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Black sesame seeds|
|1 small handful||Fresh mint|
|1 small handful||Toasted peanuts, chopped|
|1||New Zealand Avocado (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Cook sliced Tofu in a frypan over medium high heat. 1-2 minutes each side. Pour over the packet marinade last minute. Remove tofu from pan and set aside. Pour the marinade into a bottle as dipping sauce - set aside.
- Prepare the vermicelli according to the packet instructions. Cut into shorter manageable length.
- Dampen a kitchen towel and put on a clean surface. Prepare the rice paper sheets according to instructions on the packet.
- Roll the summer rolls. On a rice paper, place vegetables, tofu, peanuts and a small clump of noodles then fold the sides over the filling and roll tightly. Repeat.
- Cut rolls in half and enjoy them fresh with a bowl of the dipping sauce and sprinkle a black sesame seeds over.
Recipes created for NZ Avocado by Fresh Factory. Visitwww.nzavocado.co.nzfor more information.