This is for the serious meat lovers. Simply quick grilled beef is just wonderful by itself, but an easy-mix homemade peanut satay sauce can give it a lovely twist too.
|600 g||Pure South Beef, cut into 3cm strips (Main)|
|1 drizzle||Olivado liquid coconut oil|
Peanut satay sauce
|½ cup||Fresh lime juice|
|3 Tbsp||Chantal Organics Smooth Peanut Butter (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Lee Kum Kee Gluten Free Soy Sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Mrs Rogers Curry Powder|
|¼ cup||Chantal Organics coconut milk|
|1||New Zealand Avocado, sliced lengthwise (Main)|
|½ cup||Bean sprouts|
|½ bag||Taylor Farms Asian Chopped Salad Kit, vegetables only|
|1 handful||Superb Herb coriander, roughly chopped|
|1||Red chilli, finely chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Fish sauce|
|3 Tbsp||Fresh lime juice|
|2 tsp||Caster sugar|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Take the meat out of the fridge and cut into 2-3 cm strips. Drizzle some oil, season with salt & pepper and put aside. Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Mix all the Peanut sauce ingredients to make the Peanut Satay sauce.
- Prepare and dress the slaw.
- Thread the meat onto metal skewers.
- Grill or roast the beef skewers on a baking sheet in the hot oven for 10 minutes, turning once. Serve hot or at room temperature, with the sauce for dipping accompanied by jasmine rice and the carrot avocado Thai slaw.
SunRice Jasmine Microwave rice pouch
A handful of peanuts, toasted and roughly chopped
A handful ofSuperb Herb coriander
Beer match:Emerson’s Orange Roughy
Tip: If you are using bamboo skewers, make sure you soak them in water for at least 15 minutes before threading the meat.