300g shortcrust pastry 3 eggs 1/2 cup milk 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese 3 spring onions, finely chopped 410g can cream-style corn, well drained Salt and pepper
1. Roll out pastry to 3mm thick and use
|300 g||Shortcrust pastry (Main)|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese|
|410 g||Cream style corn (Main)|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Roll out shortcrust pastry to 3mm thick and use to line a rectangular or 23cm round tart tin.
- Prick the base all over with a fork and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 190 degC. Line the pastry case with foil and fill with baking beans. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and remove foil and baking beans.
- Return the pastry case to the oven for a further five minutes to dry the pastry. Reduce oven temperature to 170 degC.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add milk and grated parmesan and whisk to combine. Stir in the finely chopped spring onions and cream style corn.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper, then pour into the cooked pastry case.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the egg mixture is set and the pastry is golden brown. Slice to serve hot or cold.