|6 handfuls||Mixed salad leaves, be generous (Main)|
|1 bunch||Nasturtium flower, for the leaves and the flowers|
|1 bunch||Fresh chives, and chive flowers and borage flowers if you have them|
|3||Spring onions, cut into 6cm pieces|
|4 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Wash all the leaves well and dry on paper towels.
- Peel the carrots, cut into thin slices and blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain well and cool.
- Chop the chives into 2-3cm lengths. Carefully pick the petals from the nasturtium and chive flowers and place on paper towels.
- Toss the leaves with the carrots, chives and spring onions in a serving bowl.
- Combine the orange juice, oil and salt and pepper to make the dressing.
- When ready to serve, toss the salad with the dressing and scatter the flower and herb petals over the top.