I had these last night, and scoffed a half dozen or so. I love the savoury flavour of silverbeet, creamy richness of the blue cheese and slight sweetness the roasted pine nuts bring to the table. I chop up the stems of the silverbeet quite finely, then saute in a bit of butter until they start to caramelise and go golden.
|2 slices||Sourdough bread (Main)|
|30 g||Blue cheese (Main)|
|1 splash||Oil, to fry|
|1 slice||Butter, to fry|
|3 leaves||Silverbeet, sliced steams and chopped leaves (Main)|
|1 to serve||Pine nuts, toasted|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Slice some sourdough and brush with olive oil. Grill until crisp around the edges.
- Break up some blue cheese and place in a mixing bowl. Whisk the cheese with a splash of cream to form a loose spread.
- Heat a frying pan and add a splash of oil and butter.
- Fry sliced silverbeet stems until golden, then add the chopped leaves with a knob of butter and a dash of water to help wilt. Cook for 4 or 5 minutes.
- To put together, add a generous lick of the creamed blue cheese to the bruschetta bases. Top with cooked silverbeet, then finish with a scattering of the toasted pine nuts.