|1||Chicken, organic, cut into large portions (or 4 legs divided into 8 portions)|
|½ cup||Black olives|
|½ cup||Olives, green|
|3 Tbsp||Preserved lemons, flesh discarded and rind diced|
|2||Lemons, juicy, cut into wedges|
|½ cup||Rosemary, leaves stripped from the stalk|
|4 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 Tbsp||Balsamic vinegar, good quality|
|1 bunch||Parsley, chopped, to decorate|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place the chicken portions in a large roasting dish. Toss with the olives, preserved lemon, lemon wedges, rosemary leaves, sea salt and freshly ground pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar until well mixed. Place in the oven and roast for 25 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Check that the thighs are cooked well. Allow to stand for 10 minutes and transfer to a large serving platter.
- Serve immediately, or if transporting to a picnic, place in a covered dish and refrigerate until needed. Serve hot or at room temperature, sprinkled with parsley.