These beef patties are deliciously infused with cumin and coriander seeds, rosemary and garlic. Melted blue cheese adds an extra burst of flavour!
|2 tsp||Coriander seeds|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil, plus extra to fry the burgers|
|2 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|1||Onion, small, finely diced|
|600 g||Beef mince (Main)|
|2 tsp||Rosemary, finely chopped|
|1||Carrot, small, grated|
|1 Tbsp||Mustard, English|
|1 block||Blue cheese (Main)|
|6||Cos lettuce leaves|
|6 Tbsp||Tomato relish|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat a fry pan and toast the seeds until fragrant, then grind in a mortar and pestle.
- Heat the olive oil and fry the garlic and onion until golden and soft.
- Combine the seeds, onion, garlic, mince, rosemary, carrot, mustard, egg and breadcrumbs. Season well with salt and pepper, then form into small patties.
- Preheat the grill. Halve the dinner rolls and place on an oven tray. Top half with blue cheese.
- Heat the frypan and add 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Fry the patties, turning once for approximately 5 minutes, depending on the size. Lightly grill the rolls until golden and the cheese has melted.
- Assemble with the lettuce, patties, slices of avocado and a spoonful of relish or sauce.