A hearty and easy pie that can be eaten hot or cold, making it a perfect picnic dish.
|2 packets||Flaky puff pastry|
|½ tsp||Smoked paprika|
|250 g||Asparagus spears (Main)|
|200 g||Shaved ham|
|410 g||Butter beans (Main)|
|½ tsp||Iodised salt|
|1 to taste||Ground black pepper|
|1 Tbsp||Sesame seeds|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Thaw pastry and unroll. Place one roll of pastry over the base of a 27 x 18cm tin. Cut to fit where necessary.
- Peel and deseed pumpkin and slice into thin strips. Place pumpkin over the pastry base. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Drain asparagus and place over pumpkin with ham. mash beans and hummus together. Spread over ham.
- Beat two of the eggs with salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture. Cover with a second roll of pastry, cutting to fit tin. Press edges of pastry together to seal. Use scraps of pastry to decorate the top of the pie.
- Beat remaining egg and brush over pastry top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 220 degrees C for 25 minutes. Serve warm or cold.