A man has been charged with a number of sex offences against international workers.
A 61-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday as a part of Operation Mylas, an investigation into alleged sexual abuse at the Maraehako Bay Retreat, near Whanarua Bay in the Eastern Bay of Plenty.
Police said they were first made aware of the alleged offending in September and the investigation had found at least two former employees were abused at Maraehako Bay Retreat, near Whanarua Bay, between 2013 and 2017.
The two women were working for the retreat in exchange for accommodation and food when the alleged offending happened.
The women, who were in their mid-late 20s and from Japan and Taiwan, were working for the retreat as cleaners in exchange for accommodation and food when the offending allegedly occurred.
Detective Ash Clements of the Adult Sexual Assault Team said there was a concerning pattern of behaviour exhibited in the alleged offending against the two victims.
The women were at the retreat at different times and were not known to each other.
"We are seeking anyone who has previously visited the Maraehako Bay Retreat, worked in any capacity at the retreat, or from members of the community who may have information that is relevant to the investigation to make contact with our team," Clements said.
"We would like to hear from anyone who may have had similar experiences at the retreat to come forward to police.
"We can assure any other victims who would like to contact us that they will be treated with respect and we will do everything we can to support them."
The alleged offender will next appear in court on December 19.
Information can be provided to the Whakatane Police Adult Sexual Assault Team on (07) 308 5255, or anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.