A mother has pleaded with youngsters to avoid taking Ecstasy after posting pictures of her teenage daughter in a coma as a result of popping a pill.

In posts that have now got viral, devastated mum Kerry Robinson took to social media site Facebook to explicitly reveal the shocking dangers of taking the banned class-A drug.

And she added to her warning by showing her 16-year-old daughter Leah in a hospital coma after taking Ecstasy over Christmas, the Daily Mail reported.

Robinson, of Wigan, Greater Manchester, explained her family's scare with Ecstasy came after Leah took what was believed to be the drug at a party.

Advertisement

The first harrowing picture on Boxing Day showed Leah among a tangle of tubes and machines as she lay unconscious in an induced coma in hospital.

She wrote: "My daughter had a brain scan and put in a coma because she took Ecstasy. She is in a bad way.

Let this hopefully be a lesson to all those teenage kids out there taking or even thinking about taking ectasy 'pills'...

Posted by Louise Caddick on Monday, 26 December 2016

"Please let there be a God and Leah be okay. I love her so much xxxx."

She added as a warning to others: "This is what Ecstasy does - please don't take them."
Then a second photo was posted later that night, showing Leah awake but clearly still in distress, and captioned that she was conscious and talking.

Kerry said she hoped "no other kids have any more of the tablets going around", but also that Leah was home and recovering well, just days later.

She added: "Thanks everyone for sending messages. I hope no other kids have any more of these tablets.

"I put the picture up so no other kids would think of taking these tablets again.

"Yes I blamed myself all the time but kids will be kids and try stupid stuff.

"She suffered hypothermia as well and she's very lucky they got to her in time.

"I just hope kids will think twice before taking these pills."

Robinson also claimed that over the same festive period, two more youngsters were taken to hospital for taking the same batch of pills.

It is understood Greater Manchester Police are investigating, although they have not confirmed whether other youngsters were also treated in hospital.

The mother's Facebook posts went viral as hundreds of people viewed the shocking pictures and added to Robinson's health warnings.

Jayne Gregory wrote: "Sorry to hear about your Leah.

"I know how you must be feeling as my daughter was put in a coma a few months ago.

"I prayed and prayed. I don't know you and you don't know me but I am praying for Kerry and your family."

Natalie Prescott called it "a joke" and "disgusting" that drug dealers who were only interested in quick money nearly took a child's life.

Louise Caddick, who was one of hundreds of people to share the dramatic images, said: "Let this hopefully be a lesson to all those teenage kids out there even thinking about taking ecstasy pills.

"Her mum is heartbroken."

Kerry said she hoped
Kerry said she hoped "no other kids have any more of the tablets going around." Photo: Facebook/Kerry Robinson

Beth Casilli wrote: "Hope she's okay, so good that you are raising awareness."

Ecstasy is a Class-A drug and is illegal to have, give away or sell. Possession can get you up to seven years in jail.

Supplying someone else, including friends, can get you life and an unlimited fine.

Today Prof Kate Ardern, director of public health for Wigan Council, said: "The exact contents of any Ecstasy tablet are unknown.

"They can cause dangerous side effects such as severe illness, admission to hospital and, in some cases, even death.

"I would advise all young people to stay safe and keep away from taking such drugs."