Boy, 4, who found dad dead of overdose thought he was asleep

CLEVELAND (AP) " A 4-year-old boy who found his father dead of a suspected drug overdose in Ohio told his mother over the phone that he thought his dad was sleeping.

Nicole Shank says she knew immediately something was wrong with her ex-husband and called 911. Paramedics found 30-year-old Michael Dunaway dead inside his home Tuesday afternoon.

Cleveland police say they were at the home two days earlier for an overdose and were able to revive Dunaway that time.

The boy's mother tells WOIO-TV that she didn't know about the first overdose.

Shank says her former husband was a good father and she thought he had overcome his addiction.

This story has been automatically published from the Associated Press wire which uses US spellings

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf02 at 05 Dec 2016 10:18:50 Processing Time: 19ms