Man accused of sexually assaulting Sydney teenager he held hostage for a month

Photo / 123RF
Photo / 123RF

A man has been accused of sexually assaulting a Sydney teenager he held hostage for a month.

A 29-year-old man was arrested on Thursday after police saw him chasing the 15-year-old girl along a street in Blacktown, in Sydney's west, before grabbing the teen and trying to drag her away at around 1.30am.

The girl told police the man had been holding her against her will for four weeks inside a Balmoral Street house, where he allegedly raped her. The girl was reported missing from a residential out-of-home care facility in October.

She was hospitalised for medical assessment and has since been released. Child abuse squad detectives have raided the Balmoral Street property and seized a number of items.

The man has been refused bail to face Blacktown Local Court on Friday charged with aggravated sexual assault and common assault.

The Department of Family and Community Services has been notified. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection have also been told of the man's arrest.

- Daily Mail

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf03 at 11 Dec 2016 21:22:45 Processing Time: 457ms