Mother of William Tyrrell makes heartbreaking plea for his return - even if the toddler is dead

The mother of missing toddler William Tyrrell has made a heartbreaking appeal to help bring her little boy home - even if he is dead.

Her plea comes as authorities announced a record $1 million reward for anyone who could lead police to the recovery of the three-year-old boy suspected of being abducted from his grandmother's yard in Kendall on the Mid North Coast of NSW two years ago.

And his parents, who cannot be named for legal reasons, are desperately seeking for answers as they urge anyone involved in their son's disappearance to come forward so they could move on from the ordeal - and get the closure they have longed for.

'To the person, even if William is dead, even if somebody killed him - deliberately or if it was an accident - and you know where he is, he's got to come home,' his mother told The Sunday Telegraph.

William Tyrrell has been missing for two years. Photo / Supplied
William Tyrrell has been missing for two years. Photo / Supplied

'If William is dead then you can't just leave him in some random hole somewhere, it's not right.

'His remains need to be acknowledged and signposted that this is where he is.'

Her attempts in finding her son comes after the announcement of the highest reward ever offered in NSW for any information of his whereabouts.

Dressed in his favourite Spiderman suit, the three-year-old was last seen playing in his grandmother's yard on September 12, 2014.

Despite an extensive investigation, detectives found no traces of little William, who would have turned five this year.

The case has been referred to the NSW coroner but police say investigations continue with the hope the young boy is still alive.

Deputy Premier and Police Minister Troy Grant told Daily Mail Australia in a statement last week the disappearance of William was 'unprecedented and unique' - and he remained hopeful that the boy was still alive.

'For two years this family has had to live every day not knowing what has happened to their little boy, not knowing if he is safe and loved and not knowing if they will see him again,' Mr Grant said.

Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin. Photo /
Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin. Photo /

'At the very least, they deserve answers and I am appealing to the person or perhaps people who know what happened to William, to find it in themselves to do the right thing and come forward with the information police need to bring him home.'

Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers (Australia) on 1800 333 000.


Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter


© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf05 at 24 Oct 2016 19:54:44 Processing Time: 538ms