60 Minutes saga: Sally Faulkner unable to contact children

Sally Anne Faulkner. Photo / Facebook
Sally Anne Faulkner. Photo / Facebook

Sally Faulkner has been prevented from having any contact with her young children in Lebanon, a family source says.

The Brisbane mother at the centre of the 60 Minutes child-snatch drama has been blocked from contacting five-year-old Lahela and three-year-old Noah by her estranged husband Ali Elamine in Lebanon, the source said.

"No Skype, no photos, blocked on whatsapp and (Mr Elamine) is not answering phone calls from her," they said.

Ms Faulkner gave up custody of her two children in a deal reportedly secured by the Nine Network paying a large sum to Mr Elamine following the botched attempt to recover them.

She and the Nine crew were arrested and spent two weeks in a Beirut jail last month after a child-recovery team seized the children from a street as they were walking with their Lebanese grandmother.

The Australian Family Court granted Ms Faulkner full custody of Lahela and Noah but she gave up that right in exchange for Mr Elamine dropping his abduction charges.

That led to Ms Faulkner and the 60 Minutes crew's release from prison, although they still face possible criminal charges.

Meanwhile, The Australian has reported the child recovery agent involved in the operation, Adam Whittington, who remains behind bars, is hoping to be bailed in Lebanon on Wednesday.

His father, David, told the paper he was looking to raise enough cash to reach a possible financial settlement.

- AAP

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf05 at 25 Sep 2016 22:05:30 Processing Time: 470ms