An Indian woman chopped off her brother-in-law's penis after claiming that he had repeatedly raped her.
The 32-year-old woman reportedly used a sickle to cut off his genitals.
The woman had been living with her brother-in-law as her husband was working more than 1100km away in another city.
She allegedly faked consent of intercourse and when he forced himself onto her she reached for a sickle and severed his penis, the Times of India reported.
She then took his penis to the police station as evidence.
Police from the Sidhi district of Madhya Pradesh attempted to send medical support to the man, but he had reportedly committed suicide.
The woman then told police that this was the only way to stop him attacking her and that she had no regrets, the Times of India reported.
According to a police spokesperson the woman has been charged with attempted murder.
"This is a rare case and has to be investigated for a proper charge sheet," said Sidhi police spokesman Abid Khan.
• Lifeline: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
• Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
• Youth services: (06) 3555 906 (Palmerston North and Levin)
• Youthline: 0800 376 633
• Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
• Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
• Depression helpline: 0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
• Samaritans: 0800 726 666 (available 24/7)
If it is an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111.