Most of the nearly 100 people feared missing in bushfires in Tasmania have been accounted for and no deaths have been recorded so far, police say.
Tasmania Police Inspector John Arnold has told ABC Radio that most of the names on the list have been cross-checked and located.
He says police are still working their way through the list but there are no fatalities so far based on "the information we have at the moment".
However, he says "it may be a possibility down the track".
Police will continue their property-to-property searches today in the worst-hit towns of Dunalley, Boomer Bay and Marion Bay as they fear lives may have been lost.
More than 100 buildings have been destroyed by the fires, which continue to burn.
Phil Douglas from the Tasmanian Fire Service said there had been no substantial change overnight, with the Repulse and Forcett fires still fairly active.
A heavy dew overnight had prevented backburning, but firefighters would take advantage of mild conditions today to strengthen containment lines.
Authorities are trying to get through Arthur Highway.
"It's a pretty hard thing to put a timeline, but it's a high priority," Mr Douglas told ABC Radio.
The weather bureau expected conditions today to be fairly similar to those on Sunday.
Around 400 more evacuees were due to be ferried by boat from the Tasman Peninsula on Sunday night, while police were investigating whether it was safe to escort cars out on the closed Arthur Highway.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard will visit the state today.