A Waihi Beach holiday park has reopened after last weekend's floods - but more heavy rain could force it to close again.
The Top 10 Holiday Park had to be evacuated last Saturday night, with 67 people moved to safety after a creek burst its banks and swept through the grounds.
Owner Ian Smith, also Waihi Beach's chief fire officer, said one block of units had to be gutted after being inundated with 350mm-600mm of water.
"The kitchens are all gone, the couches, everything. They were all less than six months old after replacing them in last year's floods."
But the playground was back up to scratch with new bark and sand brought in.
Mr Smith said firefighters came to the park on Sunday and helped hose away mud and silt.
The New Zealand Motor Homes Association had offered to help with the clean-up and nearby shops had provided food for volunteers.
Mr Smith said there had been a lot of damage to the creek that runs through the grounds and it could flood again if there was more heavy rain.
He said fixing it was the Western Bay of Plenty District Council's responsibility.
For more articles from this region, go to BAY OF PLENTY TIMES