Whanganui lotto winner not seen

By Liz Wylie

Add a comment
Three winners shared a $40 million prize in July and now a Whanganui winner can claim a one-third share of a major prize.
Three winners shared a $40 million prize in July and now a Whanganui winner can claim a one-third share of a major prize.

A Whanganui Lotto player is one of three New Zealand players to get a midweek windfall of $333,333 on Wednesday night.

The winning Whanganui ticket was purchased at Trafalgar Lotto, but owner Brenda Brasting said the player had not come forward to collect it on Thursday.

"They may have taken the ticket somewhere else, or they might not know they have won yet," she said.

"Someone has posted on Facebook that the ticket had been brought in to us, but we haven't seen it yet."

Ms Brasting said this week's big winner was the 10th to have purchased a ticket at Trafalgar Lotto.

Other players from Auckland and Tauranga shared the first division prize in Wednesday's draw.

Powerball was not struck with the Wednesday draw and will roll over to tomorrow night, when the jackpot will be $30 million. Strike Four also rolled over and will be $500,000 tomorrow.

Ms Brasting wanted to remind Whanganui players that the $30m prize would not necessarily go tomorrow.

"Some people think that $30m is the limit but that has been upgraded to $40m," she said.

She said anyone who bought a ticket for Wednesday's draw from Trafalgar Lotto should write their name on the back of the ticket and check it immediately.

- Wanganui Chronicle

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

Have your say

1200 characters left

By and large our readers' comments are respectful and courteous. We're sure you'll fit in well.
View commenting guidelines.

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf04 at 10 Dec 2016 10:11:18 Processing Time: 378ms