Weekend craving for pizza? Check out Napoli Central for authentic, wood-fired Naples-style pizza. The duo (above) split their time between Parnell, Hobsonville Pt and the new Mt Albert farmers' markets.
AUTUMN HEALTH KICK
What we're doing ...
1. Heading to the Mor Modern Apothecary showroom on Friday to learn from Mike Harney of Harney & Sons. The master tea buyer, blender and author is over from New York. 10am-11.30am, limited spaces, email email@example.com or call (09) 412 2515 to book.
2. Booking in for the new seven-night Winter Detox at Queensland's eco tourism-certified Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. Various dates in June and July, see gwinganna.com.
SAY IT WITH FOOD
1. Harney & Sons Mother's Bouquet floral tea tin, $9.90 for three sachets, from Smith & Caughey's.
2. KitchenAid stand mixer $1100.
3. Acquerello Rice, $9.99, from Farro Fresh, imported by European Foods.
4. Mother's Day Cheese Selection, $65, from Sabato.
Travel dining inspiration anyone? The World's 50 Best Restaurants Awards were announced last week in London, and included three Italian restaurants, five French, seven Spanish and seven in the US.
Danish restaurant Noma (pictured right) took top place again (after three consecutive wins from 2010-2012) - Chef Rene Redzepi is renowned for his original take on Nordic cuisine and experimentation with foraging and fermentation. Kiwi chef Ben Shewry came 32nd with Melbourne restaurant Attica - the only Australasian restaurant to feature.
Other restaurants on the list included Dinner by Heston Blumenthal (UK), D.O.M (Brazil) and El Celler de Can Roca (Spain).
What the Viva team is enjoying right now
• The battered gurnard sandwich at Ostro's City Terrace - sitting in the sun munching on this lemon aioli, fennel, and dill flavoured brioche roll is heaven.
• Faro, garden greens, pangritata, poached egg, and green butter - this breakfast at Ortolana is seriously delicious and feels fabulously healthy to boot.
• Pure indulgence: the peanut butter and chocolate choc pot on Blue Breeze Inn's dessert menu.
Where to take mum for Mother's Day? SPQR is letting you BYO wine or bubbles when you enjoy its three-course set menu over lunch. $59 a person, 12pm-3pm this Sunday. To book ph (09) 360 1710.