Ruby's latest Resort range, arriving in store on Saturday, gets reflective with metallic tweed shift dresses (pictured, $249), bustier tops and mini skirts, as well as pink embroidered playsuits, a ruffle dress made for moving, and a cute baby doll dress in a standout night sky star print. All perfect for parties, of course - something the brand does effortlessly.
Ruby designer Deanna Didovich shares her top tips for a modern party look:
1. Read the dress code. There's nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable because you're over- or under-dressed.
2. Amazing shoes are great, but to be comfortable in them is so important. It's never a good look to take your shoes off during the night.
3. Less is more. Pair a mini skirt with a loose long-sleeved shirt or, if the hemline on your mini dress is super short, make sure it's not too low-cut.
4. Don't wear too much makeup, especially in summer. I love opting for a mineral powder rather than a liquid foundation, with a great lipstick colour and some mascara - nothing more.
5. The first outfit that you try on is generally the one that you end up wearing (even after a million different try-ons). Follow your first instinct.