Ever fantasised about taking a holiday with your furry friend?
Pets are members of the family too and deserve a break just as much as the next human. With the help of Booking.com, we've put together some top tips on what to look for in a pet-friendly stay.
You can also check out a selection of highly-rated accommodation gems specifically geared to animal loving jet-setters and their four legged friends.
1. Because you can pamper your dog ... and yourself if you must
Yes there are tailored services for you and your dog. We recommend the "Bow-Wow Package" at The Orlando Hotel in Los Angeles, USA. And yes it includes a doggie turn-down service.
2. Because you can 'Lassie' in the land down under
Knock the fur off your pet's paws and experience The Langham Sydney's 5-star pet service featuring dishes such as... "Lassies Favorite".
One Booking.com reviewer said "It was our first trip away with our pet baby and you made it very special. Thank you!"
3. Because it's not so 'ruff' in Rome
Do you know what your pet needs? A trip to Rome where it can get its paws on a personalised cashmere jumper with its name printed on in dazzling rhinestone.
The Rome Cavalieri, Wardorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts offers this and more for your little loved one.
4. Because your four-legged friend can sleep on a FOUR-POSTER BED
The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa in the United Kingdom offers four-poster beds for when you really want to pull out all the stops for your fur baby. Not to mention they have a pet concierge on-hand.
5. Because Africa... with your dog
Let your dog run along the beach with its tongue flying through the air. The Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa in South Africa doesn't shy away from having a barking good time. Crackers in bed anyone?
6. Because it's time to experience Your Big Fat Greek...Woof with your significant other
Like nature? So does your dog. Agroktima in Greece is set in the glorious foothills of Greece's Mount Parnon - you and your pet can easily make new friends with plenty of other like-minded, two and four-legged travellers.
7. Because Canada knows how to put on a pawsome time for your dog
Curl up with Old Yeller next to a fireplace in a log cabin. One Booking.com reviewer described the Nita Lake Lodge as "probably the most pet-friendly hotel they've stayed at in ages ... simply stunning."
8. Because there are dog castles you can stay in
Why wouldn't you treat your dog to a castle? The Rosburghe Hotel And Golf Course in the United Kingdom makes sure that dogs and their owners "retain a comfortable and relaxed feel" during their grand stay.
9. Because you can fetch yourself a villa
Sanglung Villas in Indonesia offers you and your pet the freedom and comforts of home at one of the most desired destinations in the world. Play fetch, roll around, enjoy the views or simply chase your tail ... it's play time!
10. Because there's beauty to bark at in New Zealand
With miles and miles to run free, this is pure The Lord of the Rings territory. Set within a world Heritage Site in New Zealand, Fiordland Lodge overlooks views of Lake Te Anau and the surrounding mountains that beckon humans and animals alike.
Five things to look for in a pet friendly stay
Last but not least, before you head on your adventure with your four-legged friend, you need to know what to look out for in a pet friendly hotel.
1. Make sure the staff are known for loving - not just dealing with - pets! Be proud of your pooch instead of dodging disapproving looks as you walk in the corridor.
2. Check out the scenery or nearby parks to make sure your precious pup can run and roam.
3. See if spa days are available for your little love, so you can both be pampered on your stay.
4. Remember that the food can make or break a trip, for you and your dog. Gourmet pet menus are available at a wide array of stays.
5. Many accommodations offer puppy packages. From special bowls and name tags to beds and bones, don't forget to look into the array of treats that might be available.