Disney’s California Adventure has had $1.4 billion spent on developing new rides and joushing up the entire park over the last five years. The result is that Disney fans are now heading here in droves.
1. Cars Land. The new hero of California Adventure is designed around the Pixar movie Cars. It features three rides with the most popular being Radiator Springs Racers which features a car race between your car and another. The other rides in this new five-hectare area decorated with Route 66 memorabilia are Luigi's Flying Tyres and Maters Junkyard Jamboree. Here's my spoiler video from the race car.
2. Toy Story Mania is a 4D ride over in Paradise Pier. They don't offer Fast Passes so my tip would be to line up here first after grabbing the free passes to return to the others at a designated time. With your 3D glasses on, get your trigger finger ready because you will be whisked in front of a series of virtual fairground smashing and shooting games to earn points and beat your co-driver.
3. Soaring over California is an oldie but still a park favourite. It's a gentle ride for those afraid of roller coasters. You just sit in a chairlift as your feet dangle and you feel like you're flying from the top of California to the bottom on the massive IMAX screen. Watch out for the smellavision citrus too when you soar over Orange County.
4. Twilight Tower of Terror is incredibly popular and lines can be a couple of hours long (grab a Fast Pass early in the day) as you are taken into the haunted hotel, shuffled into an elevator where you are strapped down and ascend to the top of the building. The doors open for a second so you see the outside world then suddenly you are freefalling, your heart and lungs left on the top floor.
5. California Screaming is the roller coaster at Paradise Pier which loops the loop and rolls you over and upside down. An honest to goodness thrill ride. Do not eat lunch before you ride. You've been warned.
And one final tip: use the Single Rider line if you don't mind being split up into different cars as this will save you time standing in line.