For travellers who enjoy breath-taking views, website askmen.com has come up with a list of 10 of the world's best, both natural and manufactured.
Their list includes both timeless sites and lesser-known spots, but all guarantee breathtaking vistas.
1. Acropolis - Athens, Greece
The prime city view hundreds of feet up from Athens' Acropolis is something to behold on its own, but it's nothing compared to the Unesco World Heritage Site you see when you turn around. The ancient remains date back centuries with the Parthenon, Temple of Athena Nike and other remains intriguing.
2. Lipu Mountains and Yaoshan Mountains - Guilin, China
In the area around the northeastern city of Guilin, the views have been revered for centuries with panoramas of the Lipu and Yaoshan Mountains from the Lijiang River.
3. Lanikai Beach - Lanikai, Hawaii
Lanikai Beach is widely regarded as one of the best beaches and the sunrise views are stunning.
4. Eiffel Tower - Paris, France
An excellent way to take in the view while soaking in a truly Parisian experience is by dining at Georges Restaurant in Centre Pompidou from where the views of the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame are some of the best.
5. Grand Canyon - Arizona
There's something about the austere American desert that can clear your mind in an instant and restore peace. Try the Grand Canyon Skywalk, opened in early 2007. Over at the west end of the canyon, the Hualapai Native American tribe will take you on a 14-mile ride.
6. Red Square/Kremlin/St Basil's Cathedral - Moscow
The view of Red Square is as impressive as it is intimidating.
7. Mount Everest - Nepal
Rather than spend tens of thousands of dollars to climb Mount Everest, an alternative is to view it from Kalla Pattar, Nepal. It's no less awe-inspiring.
8. Times Square - New York City, US
Twenty years ago, you had to either be brave or clueless to wander in Times Square after dark but today it's commercialised and even somewhat sanitised.
9. White cliffs of Dover - England
It's often the last thing seen of the UK as one leaves, as well as the first sight upon return. On a clear day across the English Channel, the cliffs are even visible from France.
10. Corcovado Mountain - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
For the best view you need to put some altitude between yourself and the city and a summit just shy of 2,300 feet, Corcovado Mountain, is up to the task. This is also the home to the iconic 130-foot Christ the Redeemer statue.
* Photographs and video may be sent to the site as user-generated content. APN New Zealand reserves the right to store electronically any pictures sent in by nzherald.co.nz readers and to use the images free of charge in any of its online and print publications. Amateur photographers retain the copyright to their photographs or videos.