A terrorist attack targeting the Cricket World Cup in India has been foiled with the arrest of a terrorist last week.
Pakistan interior minister Rehman Malik made the revelation at a joint briefing with Interpol chief Ronald Noble, the Times of India reported.
Malik did not identify the nationality or the affiliation of the alleged terrorist, but warned the Taliban was now operating in India, although did not elaborate on the extent of the organisation's activities in the country.
"Let's not forget that terrorists have got no boundary or religion. There are several indications that the Taliban have started their activities in India," Malik said.
"I am saying this on record and I have also informed India. We must work together to stop the work of terrorists."
Malik said there was a "serious attempt" at carrying out a terrorist attack, The Times of India reported.
The arrested man had no connection to Pakistan, Malik said.
The Hindu reported the man was arrested with the help of Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Maldives authorities last week travelling from Pakistan to the Maldives via Sri Lanka.
"Thanks to the cooperation of your country and other countries, we were able to make sure that the World Cup remains safe," Noble said.
Earlier this week The Times of India reported that 17 tickets to the World Cup final were purchased by six terror suspects who had reportedly sneaked into Mumbai in the last six months.
The Melbourne Age reported yesterday an advisory from India's home ministry sent to police has warned that terror groups Al-Qaeda and Lashkar-e-Toiba - the organisation believed responsible for the 2008 Mumbai bombings - may be planning further strikes during the later stages of the tournament.
India's victory over Australia in this morning's quarterfinal sets up a semifinal matchup against Pakistan next Wednesday - two countries which have a torrid past.
The Indian government have assured the Pakistan side that all measures had been taken to secure the side's World Cup matches in India.