Former child star Frankie Muniz suffers a stroke

Frankie Muniz at the premiere of John Carter in February. Photo/AP
Frankie Muniz at the premiere of John Carter in February. Photo/AP

Actor Frankie Muniz says he was hospitalised last week after suffering a "mini stroke".

The former star of Malcolm in the Middle wrote on Twitter that he was treated on for a "mini stroke" last week, which he described as "not fun at all".

He said he has to "start taking care of my body. Getting old!" but provided no other details.

Muniz turns 27 on Wednesday.

A representative for Muniz did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

- AP

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf02 at 11 Feb 2016 12:32:08 Processing Time: 464ms