Australian welterweight Jeff Horn's dream fight with Manny Pacquiao is up in the air, with the legendary Filipino running a Twitter poll asking followers to choose the Filipino's next opponent.
Hot on the heels of a tweet from Saturday that said: "see you in UAE for my next fight", Pacquiao started a poll on Monday, asking who he should fight next out of Horn, Amir Khan, Terence Crawford and Kell Brook.
Horn, promoted by Auckland-based Duco Events, was a clear last on 7% after more than 44,000 votes, with Amir Khan (48%) ahead of Brook (24%) and Crawford (21%).
A Horn-Pacquiao bout had been mooted to happen in April at Suncorp Stadium, but Pacquiao's advisor Michael Koncz fronted media in Abu Dhabi on Saturday to claim it would take place in the UAE.
Koncz apologised to the Australian public for the confusion, explaining that the UAE was always the first preference and Brisbane was a "back-up plan" for Pacquiao.
Duco Events founder Dean Lonergan, who has been in negotiations with the Queensland government to bring the fight to Brisbane, said on Saturday Top Rank boss Bob Arum was Pacquiao's exclusive promoter.
Lonergan believes only Arum has the power to make a fight involving the 38-year- old superstar happen and is continuing to plan as if the Horn fight will go ahead.
Over the weekend, Lonergan said reports the fight would take place in UAE came "out of the blue".
Lonergan has been in negotiations for weeks with the Queensland state government and Pacquiao's promoters, Top Rank, to bring the bout to Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium in April.
"We're just going to have to wait and see if there's any substance to the story," Lonergan said. "I'm talking today to Brad Jacobs, the COO of Top Rank, and the other people from the Top Rank team.
"Until I'm told otherwise by Bob Arum, we'll just keep moving forward with Brisbane and trying to get the deal done here."